Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pray for Family and Church


Dear Heavenly Father

Most merciful God thank you for another day in your holy will. Thank you for a safe week-end away from home and for the safe travel through Waco and Dallas. Thank you for a brief time with family. We don’t often have that and its a blessing to all of us when we can be together. Thank you for the safe keeping of our home while away and for Debra who watched the house and kept Cinny. It’s good to know that we can delegate these things to her and she will take care of them. Thank you for letting me have that trust because you know my heart Father and it’s not easy for me.

Thank you for the work at the church while we were away. Thank you for the helping hands that bless our efforts with the hard work they put in. Be with those men and woman that really give of their talents to help with the work that it takes to rebuild a physical church. Special names Father, Clint, Elaine, Donald, Ricki, Ann, Teresa. They are all dear servants Father honor them with a smile today.

Father the new elders will go to work soon and I thank you with all my heart for the selection of these men. You are the only one who can make the right choices for a church. There were prayers we sent on the behalf of those who were up for eldership I am blessed and touched that you have answered with these good men. I pray for them that all the work they engage in will build and protect the family at Lakewood. Each day we face difficult times with many unknown problems so keep us close to you. Father and give these men the hearts of lions to protect us and keep us in your spirit. Do not let us fall away and keep our mind set tightly on the focus of your will for this church. Father it’s so easy to forget that it’s Your hand that should guide us and your will that should lead us please Father I beg that Your protection stay upon this body of people. We are trying to do what you would have us do so keep us ever mindful to listen to you and hear you. Father, also be with the men who were not selected to be elders for Lakewood because that can be hurtful to have your name brought before the people and it not be selected. In all things Your will be done.

Lord, You are a merciful God and I have need to confess that I have sinned against You in thought, word and deed by what I have done in carelessness, and by what I have left undone. I have not always been as kind as I should have been, my words not always tempered with the love they should have had. Father, you know that I am truly sorry that I do not always walk in your ways sometimes my head is turned by anger, frustrations, and pain. Please forgive me for the sake of those who have to deal with me and for the sake of the sacrifices of your son Christ Jesus. Have mercy on me and forgive me so that only delight and glory are the result. My goal is to build up others and being a follower of your son makes a difference in how I should live my life. Give me a kinder softer heart Father so that your glory is seen in me when I enter act with other people. Give me practical step to apply to my life so I can do more for you. Give me the knowledge to humble myself and honor others. Help me Father to be kind. Father, do not let my heart be burdened by things in the past. Do not let lies and untruths undo the good things that can be a part of the present. Do not let me be deceived by the evil one. Protect me from the lies. Keep my focus on the good things that can be a part of this present day and move me in a direct that is pleasing to you. Father, you know my heart keep it solid on your promise and do not let me be distracted by anything else. There is no mistake that can’t be corrected, there is not one thing that your love can not cover, there is only blessing and light in your perfect will never let that be far from my thoughts. I will continue to pray for these things all the days of my life because I remind myself that in these prayers you are with me.

Watch over my Roland and this family. Be with my son Robbie and walk by his side as my prayers are always for him to find his way back home to us and to You. If it be your will let your love heal us all and bring us to new terms in which we can have a relationship that would be pleasing to You. Your will shall forever override mine and I honor the prefect plan you have for all of our lives.

I pray it all in the strong and powerful name of Christ Jesus until you come for us or call us home I surrender it all unto You. Amen.

No comments: