Friday, February 20, 2009

In Christ Alone.........

In Christ Alone

In Christ Alone my hope is found. He is my light, my strength my song. This corner stone this solid ground, firm through the fiercest drought and storm. What heights of love, what depths of peace, when fears stilled, when striving cease. My comforter my all in all, here in the love of Christ I stand.

I had to get up early today to have my hour to listen. It wasn’t easy. I had a ton of stuff on my mind. I walked Cinnamon is the crisp cold air just before day break when there is only a peek of sunlight. I got up at 6:15 dressed in 15 minutes. Walked the dog and stopped to look at the streaks of clouds, the huge amount of birds. I thought I had taken it in but it wasn’t long till my mind drifted. I was thinking it’s after Feb 14 and I haven’t got the cuttings off my roses for the next years batch, I need to weed the floor beds, I need 6 or 7 new box woods to replace some that have gone due to the freeze and snow we had this year. Snow in Texas now that should have been posted in this blog because it’s rare. It wasn’t and I even have pictures in digital format. Anyway, I am taking some time to post daily and that too takes time. Time is not my friend. As I write this the bell goes off on my clothes dryer……… What does this all have to do with anything? Be still and know that I am God comes to mind. Do this exercise! It’s important.

Today I am meeting with Sharon Roberts to do some painting at the building. We have a couple of cabinets ready to stain and I have moved them to an area we can go ahead and start to ploy them and get them ready for trim and doors. The doors are what takes the time. You have to be really careful on the cuts and also on the finish work. Roland has a better pattern for the church doors that won’t be as detailed as what he’d do for a house but it’s still very pretty and sturdy. We couldn’t do much with them working in the kitchen area it was way to much dust!

Also, I have to take Phillip Pratt to the doctor today at 1:45. I am going to take my prayer bear sewing project with me while I wait on him to see the doctor. Also, another attempt to now waste any time just sitting. Jasmine and I are trying to set aside a Saturday to go to Sugarbabies and time has not allowed for that as of yet. She won the trip as a bunko prize and she wants to go soon and very soon. It’s a cool Paris inspired cup cake house. She’ll love it and so will I. Today I will be begging for the time to go and do that with her.

Dear God

Father, thank you for this crisp morning that awakened my senses. You are worthy of all praise for the reminders of you love that you openly display to us. We just fail to see it. Forgive us for that Father. Thank you for a chance everyday to do better and learn more about how we should perform in this life. It’s not an easy task but we have that choice and let it be your power in us that lets us embrace that. Father keep all of us in your will as we work together at the building to make a place that will take on your power and your glory. Let the work of our hands be the way where new souls are reached and hearts are touched. Let nothing stand in the way of that cause. Father, we love you and it is always to be within our minds that Yours is the kingdom and the glory forever and ever.

Father, be with Janet and Mark Dolicki. They suffer today with heartaches and pain. Give them comfort like nothing can but your hand on them. Be with Gerri as she walks with you into eternal life. Father, watch after Ashley as she goes out into this world to work and continue in her life. Thank you for her GED success that has opened a door for her. Father, be with Roland and Debra each day at work is a harder and harder day for them. Keep both of them strong in body and mind.

Father, bless David and Kim as the work with the church and the selection of new elders. Do not forget our sweet sister Darla. Keep her heart secure in your service and work. Bless her Father with the hands of faith and the heart of love that only within you is known. Father, work with Patti Barnett, keep her in the lifeline of your love. Do not let her feel like she is on the outside of your circle but rather the center. Sometimes it is our feelings that doom us not the reality of our situations.

Father, be with this country, our men is service to it whatever they ask in your name grate it Father. Keep us strong and faithful as a nation and destroy the ones that would undermine the hope that is in us unto your name. Hold us all dear to your will and love.

Father, and don’t forget about Brian’s new little dog. It’s hard when an animal is destructive and we know it’s even harder for the heart of a little boy to understand parents and the frustrations that go with raising a child and a puppy.

Guide today in your will and only your will. Help me to be still and to make these posts daily so that I never forget my focus. Give me the wisdom to do the task I have taken on and let me ever be aware of the power of your hand that works in all of us. You are greater and your power is great than the one that is in this world. Keep that thought in my mind always.

It is in the sacrifices of Christ Jesus I pray it all into your holy name. Until you come or take us home may we all surrender all into the prayers of our heart each and every day that you give us to live on this earth. Amen.

No comments: