Saturday, February 28, 2009

Just a little talk with Jesus makes it right........

Dear Heavenly Father

In all glory and praise I come to you in prayer. I want to thank you for a wonderful weekend of safety and the grace you showed for our safe trip into Houston. Every time I get behind the wheel of a car to go into Houston you just never know. I took a group of ladies to do the shopping for the appliances for the new rebuild of the church kitchen and I praise your name for our safe trip and return. Father, that trip was a blessed time and enjoyable as we realized that the building effort is coming together and this beautiful new kitchen will be a reality after all this hard work is completed to glorify your work here on this earth. Let it be that our efforts here renew the body at Lakewood and make us better workers in your kingdom. Let these things make your house of worship more inviting and more social so those that might not come otherwise might see something here that will draw them into the building so we can let You be seen. Keep us transparent as we work toward this goal for our church family. There are some problems with the painters and sheetrock work but I have worked on that and Jeff has said it will all be fixed. Father I pray that is so and we can go forward without delays. It is truly amazing to me what can be done in just a 24 hour period of time. Thank you for you hand being upon this work. Keep all of us in your good favor until it can be completed.

Father I want to request your love to be placed upon the Wim’s family today. Every moment is touch and go for them and they seek your favor in Brad’s behalf everyday. We know that these pains will bring him to you but they suffer greatly in the waiting process just comfort and bless them Father because there is nothing we can do but offer them up to you for your love to cover these dark days. Walk hand in hand with them as they face this time.

Another concern is Debra she is falling back into old ways and has taken to staying in her room all the time watching mindless hours of DVD’s and doing nothing productive with her life. Father, we fight this day and night for her but she must be proactive in her life. Please, Father work with her mind set that she not go back to old habits that are destructive to her health and well being. Give me the right answers when dealing with her to be firm or to back away and let you deal with it. I know Father that for neither of my children did I have the right answers to what they needed. I have given them both over to your hand. Please guide and direct us as we face yet another round of depression and trials. Keep her job secure and help her go back and face whatever she must to keep working. She complains of chest pains but I don’t see the evidence of that while she is locking herself away in her bed room. I know she doesn’t want to deal with me because I am so over the top and active. I know she will never be like me but at least let me have some understanding of what is going on in her life. I think often the troubles that this brings to me but then I also think how it must be to be her and having to deal with this depression on a daily bases. Guide us all in working together that she might get out of this slump and back on track again. We love her Father and we strive to do what is best for her interest as for now all I know to do is pray it into your will for me to have understand and knowledge of what is to be done and then to respect whatever comes from that knowledge. We love her Father and we want what is best for her. Also, I pray for Robbie new things are going on in his life that might make things better for him. He struggles as well in his life but has taken responsibility for his actions. Bless his efforts Father and keep him on the right track.

Father, be with Roland as he walks this road with me and he takes on more than most men would even think about. He is a good man who works hard and loves his family dearly. Let him stay strong in his efforts because it’s taxing on the soul to be a father. He often is like me and just doesn’t know the right words or actions. Just guide both of us in your will.

Father, as I close this prayer with the thoughts of never really closing our line of communications I just want to ask this all in the love of Christ Jesus for it is in his sacrifices and name that we pray. Amen.

No comments: