Thursday, June 25, 2009

June 19th Prayer

Sometimes I write these and never get to posting them but if I find one I put it in. Each day of my prayer life is important to me so I hope none of it is ever lost stored somewhere I can't find it.........
Dear Heavenly Father
By no other name can a man be saved from his sins and without You and without the blood of the Lamb we would have no hope. It humbles me every time I come to You in prayer because of this love You had for all of Your children. You have always left a ray of sunshine and hope in this dark world and in seeking You we have a way of making it through day by day. You have protected us from ourselves, made us see the right ways to treat each other, showed us the glory of respecting each other. You are the one who taught us to love each other when it wasn’t ever going to be easy for us to do so. I thank You for it all….. each and every day make it clearer and clearer to me what Your will is for my life. Don’t let me fall to the darkness of a fallen spirit. Thank you for the ability to not grow weary and despondent over things which I have no control. Let there be a softer side to my thinking. Lord I ask everyday to calm the anger that always seems to lurk in the background of my thinking. It seems I say the most hurtful things to the ones I care the most about and I wished with all that is in me that was not so. I find it a fault that ruins a relationship with my daughter and I have not been able to rise above it. There is so much disappointment but then what did I really have the right to expect? The dreams I have are not the dreams she has our worlds are totally different and I strive each and everyday to not let that break down our relationship. Lord, it is not easy for me. I put it into your hands and most of the time I can relax with that but sometimes I can not and I continue to pray about it.
Lord, I am so thankful for the avenue of prayer. What a blessing to talk things over with you. I pray daily not always in this format but I like it best because I can go back to it later and see where I am at. Thank you for all the blessings of prayer. Some of the things that come to mind to be thankful for was our trip to HEB camp with 54 kids and all went well. Our kitchen at the church is up and running and the hot water heater is going in today. We’ll have hot water for cleaning up the dishes now and that is such a blessing. More than we had before. We are grateful it’s going in before game night and our get to know the kitchen dinner. We have working air conditioners in the kitchen as well. I can not in all my thinking understand how we had the money to do this all and the help we needed. God bless all the men and ladies who worked so hard. Father please give them a special blessing for all that they contributed to the hard work it took to have this place for our fellowship. May this bring blessings and great glory to Your church.
Lord another work for Your name is coming for these hands of Your servants. A campaign is coming to Mt. Belvieu to plant seeds for the church. We don’t have a good reputation in the community there and it would be such a blessing Father to have your hand at work with us during this time. There are those who would be blessed by having the words that only you can bring to them by someone who might stop by the door. Father some are so broken they can’t reach out anymore they can’t see the light anymore and if someone should show up at just the right time a soul might be saved with these efforts. Only you can lead the right people to those who are so lost and alone. Let our work be effective in Your name. Let everyone who works be safe, guard them as they walk in the streets and carry Your message. Protect them from the heat of the day and let those who would be perfect for the job be willing to take it on. Father, as I work with feeding those who work let me do the right things to make a nice experience for them giving a bit of relaxation after a hot day of working and walking. Father, let me ask others to help as they need to have the experience as well if they don’t find it easy to door knock it still gives them a way to be in service to Your work. Help me to work with my sisters in Christ to make this a good thing for our church.
Father, there are those in need today, Tamar Johnson in her pregnancy, Harry Young with issues with his heart, Lois Allen needs to regain some strength to help her with the battles she faces. Robert Johnson need to rest and make himself well again. Haily Ryan is Sharon Roberts mother she has to deal with Lupus and Father that is a huge drain on the body. Bring her relief. Laura Gomez is fight a huge battle with cancer Father let her win it and keep her strong during the fight. Eddie Bridwell is facing a new form of treatment and let it be to his benefit so he might regain his health. Watch out for Terri Dunn’s brother and give them some rest in this Father, be strong with Terri as she faces what will be a most painful time and point of sorrow. Be with Robbie and Debra as they face uncertain time in their lives and deal with matter that they must face. Be with Carol Fabian and her son while he tries to recover from a car wreck. Father, be with Ricki Lane calm her spirit and give her the direction she needs to do all that she might for Your kingdom with respect to Your will. Father be with me and Roland and let us respect the church, the people here and the blessing that we are a part of this family. Let them all have Your comfort and Your will be the focal point in the problems that they face. Life is not always easy Father for us but in You and in Your love there is always hope. You are the King of Kings and we place our lives into Your mighty hands.
Father, be with me as I travel the paths that I hope You are laying out for me, bless the efforts that are made to do Your will for it is prayed in the strong and powerful name of our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus. Be with us always until You come or call us home. Amen

No comments: