Thursday, January 21, 2010

Make this Life worth Living........

Dear Father

Everyday I want to make some time to pray because in Your will there is power and in You there is a way to live that will make this life worth living. I can only test those waters with prayer so setting aside this time for You I come to worship, to pray to be still which is never easy for me to do. A million things run threw my mind and I think it’s more important to take this time in prayer than to go about any other thing I might do so Father bless these prayers and keep me focused on you while I think over my day and restore my faith in this life.

I am blessed to have gotten news that Roland’s job is secure and that no one in his department was laid off. Thank you Lord for our financial security. It is a blessing to know we can now move forward with Debra’s needs as well as some of my own. Medical and dental appointments will be planned out and we are grateful for the funds to pay for these needs as they arise. It’s is so good to know that You provide for us and make sure our needs are met. I would like for things to go faster and be under my choice more but Father I know Your will and timing are the right things for us and I will go in prayer for Your guidance in all matters of concern. Be with Debra and help her to be accepting of this as well. Sometimes Father it’s a real test for me to deal with her and the attitudes she displays in matters that are of deep concern. It’s not easy to know what to do when dealing with her and I do get so angry with her and some of her comments. Father, let me be the adult figure here and keep me calmer in dealing with her. She says I take the things she says wrong and maybe I really do. I know she seeks to get better and get back in the game of life and I sometimes think keeping her under wraps is better because it feels better to know she is safe under this roof in our home. Out in the world it might be a much different story for us to deal with. Lord, I ask that you let me see both sides of this matter and don’t let me think controlling is always the best way to go. Each of us has a job to do in this life that is unto Your will so whatever should be let it be. Give me comfort in accepting that. There are some things I just can’t do Father so when I can’t do them I just can’t. My hands are tided when it comes to some things and some thoughts so I give it to You and I trust in You to make the way right for us. Carve a new depth in my heart so I can become a little less Pollyanna-ish and a little less naïve about being invincible and in control. Let me become a person who is a lot more attuned to others people’s pain and troubles. Manifest in me a tender heart and give me better knowledge of how to deal with people.

Father, walk with the troubles that are in the lives of some of our friends, be with Glen and Peggy. Be with the elders of our church, the Wagnon’s and Miss Merle. Touch the hearts of those who are bitter about matters they can’t control. Give the financial security to those who are in need of it. Keep our temper tantrums in check and our rambunctious fireballs in line. Help us all to walk the thin line that we must to do Your will and not our own.
Everybody is looking for a better way to deal with matters of this life so let them look to You. Keep Darla and Amber safe and working together for the good of that family, be with the Hart’s, and the service men of our country, be with Mark Goode, watch over him Father and bring him home safe. There is no substitute for Your plans in our lives Father so as I pray let me hear my prayers as well and honor what I ask of You myself so I help and not hinder the will You have for me.

It is in the blessed name of Your son Jesus that I pray until You come or call us home Father I lay every need and every care at Your feet because in You there is always hope. A better day is dawning and because of Your love we will see that day….Amen

No comments: