Friday, February 26, 2010

So much temptation so little time!


Dear Lord My Father My God

Father your child is on her knees today. Thanking You for wisedom and kindness. You alone know the workings of my heart and You alone are my shield against my own foolishness. I trust in You fully to lead me and I listen for the signs You send. Father You know the fight that is in me and the battles I face daily and I thank You for rest in prayer because it feels more like mad panic than peace. Work with me while I battle the world to know my own place here. I know that it seems that I should move forward but doing so always hurts somebody. You leave someone behind you find another place to be you walk slower and don't know the path to take. It's a burden to my heart Father to not really know or understand what You want me to do. I am asking straight away for wisedom and help only You can give me peace in knowing which direction I should take. Worry is not going to make things change>ONLY YOU CAN DO THAT> HELP ME Father to walk in Your light and Your will do not let me make a mistake that can't be changed once the choices are made. Life seems to change daily for me and I have no idea where I am going. Look at Your child Father I know I am not the only one in this sea of pain. So many need You but I cry out for myself today because without direction from You I will make the wrong choices. I prayed and I hope I am hearing from You and not myself. I see the direction but I am scared of the results. I need some peace. Is this all there is for me or is there more? I look and I see that it just doesn't seem right my thoughts are racing but are they going in the right direction? Why are there dreams if there are no answers. How long does one have to pray before the answers come that give relief? Each day has it's own troubles but Lord Your hand upon any problem can solve it. I need courage to speak my mind this is not the time to be shy about what I really want and this is not the time to be weak. Is there hope Father? Is there any real answer or do we just limp along and wonder? Father you can give it all to us and I know I have felt your presence in my dealings. I fear it to know I might not be doing what Your will is for me because I am confused. Make it clear Father. Watch over me while I act and do not let me do anything that would be displeasing to You. I do feel like Eve in the Garden looking longingly at the Tree and just wondering what should I do? Father I have a lot of fear because I know myself all to well. The words come to mind "to thine own self be true" If I am true to myself it will hurt others, I am not sure I am ready to do that to people I love and respect to have my own way. Help me Father so I do not fall into the evil paths of this world. Desire is a horrible thing when it calls to you day and night. Help me know Father what is best. Help me know how to control it.

Father, be with my list. Be with Mark Goode while he is home with his family. Give them much joy while together. Keep Alma safe and whole. Be with my Debra and Lord an extra portion for the love of My life Roland. Hold us all in Your hand and near to You Father for it is in the sacrifices of Your son we pray all things. Amen

No comments: