Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Prayers for our Eldership.......

Father Abba Father

With honor unto Your name I just want to take sometime this morning to praise all that You are in my world. Thank You for mornings and hummingbirds and the beauty that comes with each morning. Today my world is calm and for that I feel very very blessed. Not all mornings can start out that way but when they do it is wonderful and I thank You deeply for it. All my praise to Your glory this day.

Father, my concerns for what goes on runs deep, You know the troubles I am having with Debra. What seems to be a good thing runs reservations in my mind about what lies underneath. It’s a common fault I have not to just be able to accept that something good could come out of her going to these NA meetings. Calm my worry Father as I know You must be her guide. I can step aside and know I have prayed her into Your hands for all healing and guidance and now that I see something happening that could be a safety net for her I am worried. Give me some peace in these matters. Also, let me be accepting of her choices and be supportive where I can. Be with Robbie and Sandy also as Robbie has gotten a new job and the money will heal a lot of the headaches they are having. Let things go well with that and it be something he can hang onto for a while until they can get on their feet again. Be with Roland as he is facing many things at work and will be even more confronted with problems there as time goes on. It’s not where he wants to be and life is a battle there just guide him Father and help us to hold on to during these stressful times. Let me be a good supportive wife to him and help and not be a burden to him.

Father, walk with those who feel the defeated path of this world. Let them hold strong to the faith they have in You. When we are at the breaking point You are our strong hold. Sometime we think things should be this way or that way but facts are things are as they are. We live in a world filled with lies and deceptions placed here by satan himself to steal us from our place with You at the appointed time. Keep us from those lies. Hold us tightly to You until we are where we should be. Do not let us fall from grace and mercy that Your sons blood bought for us. Link us to You daily by the Holy Spirit that is here for us.

Father, look after Mark Goode and his family today. Keep him safe and let no harm come to this dear soul. Protect him, watch over him and guide his way to saftey. Share our love with him with Your comforts for his every need.

Father today I ask a special prayer for the eldership of our church. New and different ways of doing things are coming and we are making a way for that. Be with the hearts of the men that lead us. We honor them with our acceptance of Your will as they make the choices for this body of Your people. These people are Bo Cox and his wife Shirley, Bill Hana and his wife Jane, Mike Miller and his wife Liz, Harvey and his wife Pat, David and his wife Kim, Harold and his wife Linda. As they come to mind for me Father I know that what they do is difficult because of all the different types of personalities they must deal with but Father bless them with a strong and purposeful need to do what they must for Your church to grow and do not let them be put off by the petty things that could wear them down. Let them be affective and let us support them in the choices that they make.

Father today I pray it all into Your hands, through the name of Your Son Christ Jesus. Love us Father and keep us safe. Forgive us of our sins……..Amen

No comments: