Thursday, August 27, 2009

Prayers for Our Eldership

Dear Lord, My Master and King

This morning is filled with choices, yesterday calm today not so much. I got the call for my new job venture yesterday and today I will be making a decision on that by 8 a.m. Lord, I just want to be thankful for all that I have. I want to express to You all glory and praise for this blessed life You have provided me with. I want to always be grateful for the opportunities that I have been given. This job Father just fell into my lap while others are seeking work this just came easily to me. It’s the first job I applied for and seems that it’s the right fit for me. I am a bit surprised at how this has worked out. I have to wonder though why it came at this time. I pray that it’s something You would have me do and not just an escape route for things I don’t want to deal with. Father, You have never let me be without purpose in this life. There has always been a job for me out there and my hands are not without task to do already. I pray that when I talk to them on the phone this morning about this job if I have other work to do let me be able to just say no if it’s not the right thing for me. Be with my choice Father and let it be something where I can continue to glorify Your name. If I am more needed else where let me be lead in that direction if not let this be a good situation for me to start into.

Father, a prayer for our eldership is needed today. We as a body have been asked to call upon You and the Spirit to guide men, mortal men to make decisions about this earthly church we serve. They asked for direction, vision, discernment, sensitivity and good management skills with a clear picture of what to do next. I can not think of a harder task for one to face and I ask You Father to be with each heart, each mind, as they will affect our outcome for Your work. Let Christ be seen in their actions. Hold them up while they are bearing this heavy load. Let their combined skills work for the good of Your church. Let us grow under their leadership and be accepting of their guidance. Keep us keenly aware that changes are coming and that with cooperation those changes can be a blessing. New programs and ways to seek Your word and carry it to the world are needed more than ever. Just give us the means to seek the right directions and make the right planning steps to keep us on a firm foundation. These men and their wives face the largest task this church has taken on in a great while bless them. David and Kim, Mike and Liz, Harvey and Pat, Harold and Linda, Bill and Jane, Bo and Shirley, I name them Father for a special blessing and to place them into Your watch.

Be with those who suffer burdens today. Be with those who are ill, our elderly, Ed Isaacks and Virginia, Floyd Dickens, Tammy Mattingly, Gladys Adcox, Flow Fritsch, Ella Mae Arnold, Charlene Zaun. Be with our expectant mothers. Sarah, Ashlea, Tamar Johnson. Protect the hearts and minds of the teachers that will be working with our children in this school year.
Life can bring unexpected challenges so help us Father to cope with those changes. Be with Mark Goode and all of our military bring them home safely and watch over them with great care. Be with the families of those who have lost loved ones and who fear for those who still serve. Be with Denise and Steven, Holly and Lisa. Hold us up as a nation that is protected by Your Holy Spirit. Keep us ever mindful of where we came from and what are goals are. Be with the members of my own family and keep them safe and under your protection at all times. Be with Roland and the good work that he has in him to do.

Bless those who work for Your church. Keep them strong and well rounded in what they do. Support them in all areas of their lives and be kind when things do not go as they should. Be with Paul and his family as he works with our youth. Be with Darla and be with David. This work is the most important of all work so give them strength to withstand and hold firm. Guide them and fulfill their needs.

I pray this all into Your blessed will Father, for it is in Your Sons name that it is possible. Thank You for the sacrifices and knowledge that make this prayer possible. All to His glory until He comes or calls us home….. be with us……Amen.

No comments: