Thursday, April 23, 2009


Dear Heavenly Father

I come to you in humble thanksgiving that the sun is shining the roses are blooming and I have this little old dog we call Cinny that lays right by my feet daily. She is a great comfort to my life. I spent some time today in varied ways looking and listening to the outside world and the prospective views of different things and I thank you Lord for your word which doesn’t change and gives us a black and white way to know what is wrong and what is right. I love the saying that says be still and know that I am God. I also thank you for the mercy your word has that also doesn’t change. When I need to know something it is ever so comforting to know it’s in your word somewhere. I trust in it Father and I believe with all my heart that your ways are the right ways. I thank you for the truth and putting Your word so available in my life. I thank you for making clear the path my life should take. My purpose and my path I pray it unto your will Father, use me and keep me going in the direction you would have for me. I have been reading about why bad things happen to good people and I found in your word it’s not something we could ever understand by human means and it’s not something for us to question. Your plan is for the greater good of mankind and your will allowed Christ to die on the cross for us. Jesus even prayed if this cup could pass from him to please let it but it could not if the plan for salvation was to be possible. All be it unto your will for You are the creator and we are Your people. Use me Father for whatever it takes to continue your work in this earthly realm for I know and believe Father that a time is coming when all will be set right. Let me do what I can on this earth to help in the accomplishments of that work. Let no deception come into my heart that will take me from that work. It is for your glory that I do what I do and I am not a very capable person but Father use all I have for your will. Thank you for the scriptures of Joseph. The reminders of what he went through to accomplish great work for the nations.

Father, you know that in me there is a weakness, I find it difficult to connect to others. I don’t like to go to baby showers, or parties, or social events, or skits. I don’t like small talk. It seems the words I have to say don’t account for much and they are a burden to me. I do not know why I am like that but I wished it were not so. There is much pleasure to be had in having friendships, I try Father but I find it the most difficult of all matters to make lasting connections with others. I know this is not your will because you stated your highest command that we love one another. I find myself rejecting any invitation to involve myself socially with people. I know often it is viewed as rude and it sets me apart. This is something I have not prayed about because I didn’t really want it fixed. I am safe in this void; I come under no ones examination. Father, there is nothing wrong with my lifestyle, I have no hidden secrets, I feel it is the evil ones way of keeping me from doing the good in your kingdom that I could. I feel this disinterest on my part is his way of causing a deception saying they don’t really want you around. That is a lie. I know that is not really true it’s something I feed myself to get out of doing things socially. It’s not them it’s me. I need to get this under control so I can be a better servant in your house. So I can make more connections and I am going to start praying it into your will Father so that I will not turn down the opportunities to do good services for Your name. Guide me to do a better job in this area of my life. I know that the evil one really doesn’t want me to be set free from this lie but I ask it in the name of Jesus take this lie and this burden from my heart and my mind.

Others are in need this day as well Father, RV Vasquez, Geraldine McLean, the fall twins Aubree & Ayden, we have expectant mothers Sarah Fall and Summer Neal protect them in the pains of child birth and let these babies be healthy and whole. A special blessing on Kathryn Elyse Fagala hold her ever close to you Father in her new life. Be with others who work for the church Father, David, Darla, Paul let them always know they are appreciated in their work.
Father, be with workers and laborers who are doing the rebuilding after Ike. It’s been a long haul but we are very close to the end and we thank you that no one was seriously hurt while we worked. Be with Harold Allen and Phil Dutton as they did get hurt doing some of the work and while work was on going and we praise your name that it was nothing that hurt them to badly that they could not continue. Thank you Father for the strong spirit you have in these who do your work. Father be with the Hemmingway’s, the Kay’s, the Fischessers, the Rouse family and more so for Bubba as he suffers with congestions.

Be with Bill and Jane Hanna, Wyatt and Sherry Rushing, Shirley and Bo Cox, Robert and Pam Wagon, Jack and Rebecca Zaun, Denise and Steve Goode, These are the names that are presented to our church for eldership positions. It’s hard to know who would be of best service Father but you know these men and it is your will in seeking their elections to do your work. Guide us Father in the selection because it is to the up most importance that good strong able men take this work. Lakewood is a church that needs strong leadership and people who can produce that leadership are very much in need. Bless the elders that we have and guide them to work with these that are incoming for the development of a sound church body that will give glory to God and promote programs and structure in the body.

Father, in all things we pray it by the sacrifices of Christ Jesus unto your holy name. Amen

No comments: