Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The one thing I need to do

Dear Heavenly Father

I love you Father, I want your will in my life, I want the time spent with you to lack nothing, I care about the faith, I love the words you give us to live by, I want nothing more than to do your will here on this earth. I care about the pains of others and your will can restore them Father. I love your guidance the blessings of stillness when we are with you in prayer. I love moments when I can just be still and read, pray, listen for the signs you are near. O Lord I do treasure the times I set aside to pray and read your word. It is the one thing necessary for me to function in the best manner possible. I am a seeker Lord for your guidance but I have fallen. I had given you time each day from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. that time was yours to restore me, to make me see your will, to give me peace in your words, to praise your works in this dark world but I have let distractions take those moments Father and I beg your forgiveness. Not doing this has robbed me of the peace I have in your word. Forgive me Father. I have been judgmental of others, questioned the actions of others when I have no right to question. Lord if you have taught me any thing over these years it is to know that we don’t know the whole story when others sometimes annoy us with their actions. There is always a bigger picture something happening we are not aware of that has made them act the way they do. Father, you have always made me see that and I have forgotten it. It is within your will to relax and take focus when others wrong us or we think that they have. It is the work of the evil one when we react instead of act in a correct manner, no person should influence our actions only you’re will and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Father you and only you can correct the heartaches of this world. It has to be your hand that touches the hearts of those who work for you and that includes me Father so I beg you to keep me within the time that I should be setting aside for you so I don’t get so wrapped up in my situation that I forget God is still God and it is Your plan not mine that works. Father, you know that the reason I work like I do is because it’s what I understand because I can see visible results in it. You are not a visible tangible force and I struggle daily to see you that way but I know that if I look in this world at the physical things here I am not seeing you but the world. Forgive me Father because I know that evil is in the world and we should be no part of the world. I forget Father that here there is no 110% on this earth. I am limited and held down by my own selfish desires I can not seem to overcome that sin. I think if things are looking good, in order, clean, that it’s going to make some huge difference in a world that couldn’t care less. Because they don’t care it hurts me and I fall into hands of the evil one because I let the focus be taken off of you and put onto things of this world. Lord, I want your church to be a first fruits church but my vision of what that is and your vision I am sure are quite different so I seek to set it like I think it should be but sometimes in doing that I stop seeing your will to see my own. Forgive me Father. Even in these written prayers I have to make correction. I type “we” and I have to go back and change it to “I”. It is the way I feel, the desire I have, the faults I am working on. There is no “we” in prayer that is prayed in private. I seek your wisdom, your ways, your kindness, and I know I am far removed from them because year by year I am the same, little changes in my attitudes or abilities. I stay in this same space with the same limits I have always had even though I have begged for change and disappointed because it has not come in my way of thinking but I know for your purpose I am the way I am because that’s what your will is for my life. Help me except it Father and help me to be please with your choice for me as your child and servant.

Often, Father I can break away and pray for others but I lack today knowledge of need because of the work I have incased myself in I have not kept up with others who are in need. Forgive me Father for I know it is your will to have your people lifted up to you in prayer and praise for healing and help. So focused on what I am doing I am out of touch with what others are doing. Today I am praying for guidance and help for myself. Get me back on track and out of the rat race I have made for myself. I need to complete the work at hand but I also don’t need to forget it’s physical and it could be taken away in a heart beat. Remind me of that daily Father so I will not be trapped by the designs of Satan himself who uses the physical appearances to distract us from what is really important. Do not let my heart be deceived by the lies of this world.

Father, just take my hand today and let me do the one thing necessary to heal every hurt I have. Give me this one hour of prayer back! Make me supply that time, it’s just one hour in the morning to look into your word to pray to focus on that which you would have me do. There is so many great scriptures that would soften my heart, give me peace, show me direction, and let life be full of you if I only would not let other things take over that one hour. Each day is to be spent with you not just a busy Sunday morning.

Father, I am sick today with fever, chills, and a sore throat, coughing up blood and I am worried about what I am not doing. Calm that in me Father, I need a few days to heal. Worn down by my own doing I need rest, calm and some chicken soup. Ease my tension Father and let me get some much needed sleep today that is not filled with dreams and frustrations. In a few days this will pass and I will feel like my old self again but you know the burden that being sick puts on me. It is very hard for me to be still and take care of self. The very thought of being still with no work at hand makes my chest hurt and causes sharp pains in my back, take those from me Father and please let me relax so I can be back at work full force soon.

I praise you Lord for your ways, O Lord you know my heart is into your desires, be with us all Father in our days upon this earth for it is in the strong and powerful name of Jesus we come to you in every prayers. Be with us Lord each and every day protect your child who loves you. Amen

No comments: