Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Keeping it Real

Dear Father
In a moment you can rebuild life, restore hope and bring value to a broken heart. Your arms are always around us and your kingdom stands ready to call us home. I thank you so much for that knowledge. All things to Christ Jesus I surrender. You are my all in all be there for me dear Lord. Be there for my loved ones, for Roland for Debra for Robbie. They are the keepers of my gate and the souls that I share my daily life with. Bless the foundation that you give us as a family and bond us and keep us strong in you. Lord, I come to you each day to remind myself that there is hope, strength and foundation in your will and not in mine. I test my heart daily to make sure I am doing my level best to do your will. Father I had a troubled day today full of worry and stress…my question was did I do the right thing? Was my choice the best one I could have made? Was I to quick to make a call that might have been better thought out. I suffered with the thought that I might just have been a little to rash. Yes, Father I would like things to be moving a little faster and I would like to be coming to a close on the rebuilding effort and each delay makes me frustrated calm my heart Father because I know that all the effort is for your house and your glory. Father, I need you to soften my heart so that I always remember that others may have things on them that causes this situation to be as it is. Let me always look carefully at the details before I open my mouth. Do not let me be the one Father that makes an undue hardship for another. Let me work carefully and care for the difficulties of others who are trying to do their jobs as well. Your work is never to be a burden and I open my soul to except it as nothing more than the work that a servant would do who is giving back in the manner that I have received. Father it could never be enough if it is unto your will. Keep me strong Father and give me the wisdom to know what to do for the building up of Your church. Father I seek your will in every choice that I make let it be none of me and all of you. Instill in me your Holy Spirit to guard against unkind word but also let me be frank and straight forward so things go well for the church.
Father, I ask your blessings for the Hana’s as they will be having a new baby soon. Bill and Jane will be proud grandparents. Life goes on and they still suffer from the heartaches of Brad‘s death. May this new life show them a way to comfort and renewal.
Be with the Hemmingway’s as Glen still needs you and Peggy needs you to stay strong in their lives. Many difficult moments are being faced daily don’t let them forget they are not alone as long as they have you. Be with Lexie she is so small Father she needs you to protect her and keep her in the right hands so she can grow up to be a whole person in your will.
Be with Elaine as she faces choices with her knees. It’s not easy to face surgery options when you are up in years. Every time it is a test of our earthly endurances. Be with Clint as he is her caregiver and her husband they will both need your hand upon them.
Father watch over the workers of the rebuilding effort keep them safe, give them the heart of lions to continue till the end. Let them know Father that the work they do is not in vain but for your glory.
Lastly Father, be with my children. They struggle with life and with options to do right. The choices are many and they need guidance they can’t always except from me. I can’t always know what would be best for them but you do Father. Give me the wisdom to care for them as adult children. It’s different than it was when they were younger. I knew my guidance was helpful but as they are adults I can’t always be sure I am guiding them with correct plans. Be there Father when I am not so sure.
Father, it is in the strong and powerful name of Christ Jesus that I pray unto your will until you come or call us home. Keep us safe in your love and protection……Amen

No comments: