Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Prayer for Thursday April 16 2009


Dear Heavenly Father

I woke this morning at the appointed time and thanksgiving was on my heart. I still feel weak and tired but the pain is gone. It is a blessing not to hurt. I thank you for this day Father, I walked out with Cinnamon this morning to a crisp clean day, my roses bursting with flowers the grass a beautiful deep green. I indeed thank you for it all Father as I know some didn’t wake up to such a beautiful morning. Many rushed out the door before sunrise for work and school and they never saw the beauty of your hands. Some didn’t even have a door to rush out of or a shower to take. I thank you Lord that I did.

I checked on Satin’s grave this morning remembering the comforting words written on her stone. Ecclesiastes 3…. A time for everything. Satin’s stone has these words 3:18-21… I also thought, “As for men, God test them so that they may see that they are like the animals. 19 Man’s fate is like that of the animals: the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless. 20 All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return. 21 Who know if the spirit of man rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth? Lord I told that goofy dog to wait for me at the gate and I truly hope that she is there when I come because she was a true friend attached to my heart and I still cry for her being gone. Satin was a true treasure even if she was only a dog.

Father, I honor your will, I treasure the fact I have your word right here before me to instill in me hope each morning. If only I take the time to ingest it into my day it can be my stronghold. Don’t let me forget that earthly things can be taken away, every thing to its season even the ones we love. Only your words are going to be eternally meaningful. Father, don’t let the toils of this world become our focus that only wears us down instead let our minds be feed daily in the hope we have by your word. We have it in writing and we have it in the testimony of men, preaching and teaching. I want my heart to endure forever in your will and teachings. It is hard Father for me to retain it all but each day I am going to try. Each day Father I need to take the time to write these prayers. Seal them in my heart and bind me to the wishes I have in these prayers. For when I have faithful in these prayers I also have faith in you. Keep my mind and body whole in dealing with the scriptures you provided long ago for our healing walk today. Father, I am not so worried about getting to heaven but I am worried about living today. Your gift of heaven was promised if we stay in your ways but as we live in this world there are so many distractions, so many lies, so many heartaches that if I am not carefully in line with your words I could fall away. I do not want to fall away. I seek your wisdom so that I do not and I am not deceived by the evil one. I know that God test us so that mankind will revere Him let me be willing to endure the test because I know I will have to show an account for my actions.

Surely your plan will over ride for it is in your purpose that we seek you as a people who belong to you. I count my blessing daily to know that I am Your child.

We are seeking new elders for our church at Lakewood. Father, we put our hearts and faith into prayer for the men who are coming forward to serve. Send them as lambs and servants but prepared to face the battle. Set them above so they can lead us within your will. Give us good counsel; render a decision that is under your control. We as a church body need a refuge and our prayers for these new elders are that they might be strong enough to establish hope for all of the different people who attend at this church. Our church is looking for justice, deliverance from our sins and restoration. Help us to find these Father. Forgive us of our sins that testify against us. Don’t let us stumble through the darkness but send us strong leadership that will help us be the people of your pasture. Let us always praise the work that is given to us to do for your courts. You are our only hope and sanctuary. You are our salvation and redemption… be with us Oh Mighty God because only in Your will can we be the church you want us to be.

Continue to use me Father for your work, give me wisdom and do not let me be afraid to speak out if it is your will. Do not let me be afraid put your words into my mouth. I know that you are watching Father to see that your word is fulfilled and that your work is done. No one wants to do the work Father because it is hard and risky but I know that in your will we must stand up to whatever comes. Do not let it be a terrifying experience but one of victory in Christ Jesus. Father, I beg that I pay attention to your words and do what is right in your sight. I pray that I see your will in my own life and I do what is right and turn from the sins that I have so that I am a worthy servant to your will. Keep me always entrusted to your service. Be with my family and let them be supporting of my efforts. Be with them also as individuals that work for you as well. Be with Robbie my son as his walk is a difficult one Father and evil is present. If it be your will Father take him back because he also is baptized into the name of Jesus for the remission of his sins. Let him see that in You there is hope and forgiveness. Do not let him be forever blinded by the darkness of his past. In Christ Jesus let him know that there is forgiveness. I have forgiven him Father but only you can make it known to his heart. Only you can soften the pain and restore him. I beg it Father not for myself but for him so his life can be full and restored. I have failed to pray as I should for my son but I pray for him now and will continue to do so for both Robbie and Debra until the evil that follows them is released even if it takes my lifetime on this earth. Even if I never live to see it Father I know I have prayed it into your hands and You are faithful to answer the prayers of your servants be it all into your will.

I pray it all in the holy and strong name of Christ Jesus until you come or call us home it is my prayer through Christ Jesus. Please protect us and keep us safe. Amen

No comments: