Thursday, July 31, 2008

Going down for a walk...........

Debra is again been put to sleep with those magic pills. Fifteen minutes after taking them she is out like a light and doesn’t wake up for about 6 hours. She had a very busy morning and got a shower. You have to turn on your hot water heater 10 minutes before you take a shower in order to have hot water.

She has been listening to her bible CD’s and doing some reading while she is awake. Maybe God didn’t plan on her watching Sherk and other movies while she was here, as the DVD’s don’t work with the player they have in the room. We will spend a lot of time in study over these next 26 days. It will help me as well as it will help her.

There is a huge canopy of trees outside our window and this morning it was covered with these beautiful birds. You can hear them singing early in the morning before things get going and it’s just awesome. There is always a thin layer of fog over the treetops early in mornings and the sun coming up makes it glow and shimmer. It’s quite beautiful. You sure know you’re not in Baytown, Texas anymore. People are very compassionate here in the hospital and have shown great concern for my welfare. They are quick to bring me anything that I need.

I am going to go out and walk around the hospital grounds it’s sunny and clear and they have said it’s good to go outside. I saved some of my breakfast French toast to feed to the dogs. I am looking for that brown one. They also advised it’s fine to pet them they are not mean or aggressive when fed. They are polite and also grateful they compare them to our raccoons. In the since they are wild and not kept by anyone they just roam the streets.

When I go out this afternoon I know my blond hair causes a lot of staring. They find it interesting. I would like to go to the mall but I won’t do that until after all the doctors have come and I know what is going on with the surgery. I don’t think they are to keen on letting me go anywhere by myself an attendant is always advised. Not for my safety but more for my enjoyment of the travel. Knowing what to do and where to go makes it more enjoyable and stress free. It is also a matter of curtsey to a guest from another country.

They told us that about the chocolates we brought. It is not for us to bring them gifts but for them to give us a good experience here. They are very polite and very sensitive to our wants and needs. They will be sending up plain grilled chicken and mashed potatoes for my dinner tonight and have accepted the fact that only cereals and milk for breakfast with some sliced fresh fruit makes a perfectly welcoming meal for me.

Debra is asking everyday about her dog. She seems more worried about the dog than the surgery. I think things will be fine in that department. Roland can handle a dog big or small.

Well it’s time to go down to the first floor and do some looking around. Will let you know how that goes. All my love to Roland and my wonderful friends………Hugs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning to you two. I know that it is 7:30 at night so I will say good night as well with blessings for a peaceful night of rest.

I had two doves that perched on the building framework outside my window each morning. It was God's way of letting me know that he was with me and to start each day with peace of spirit.

Hopes and hugs for a day of positive outcomes.

Blessings be yours today, kim

Anonymous said...

Debra needs to believe that the nurses and doctors are there to protect, guide, and heal her as Angels sent from God himself. This IS God's plan for her, or she wouldn't be in India for the medical procedures.

Easier said than done, I know, I've been there several times in my life. But leaving everything in God's hands, allows her to live a very relaxing life. :) Robin