Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Realization of the day............

Today there is a realization that plane tickets are bought, appointments are being set up, hotels are being arranged, and huge amounts of money are being spent. I awoke at 6:11 a.m. to a quite calm house after days of uncertainly, fear, distress and fighting. It’s so quite you could hear a pin drop. My red cocker spaniel Cinnamon is sleeping calmly at my feet. I flipped open my bible to read some of the things I have underlined over the years.

1 Corinthians 2:3-5
3. I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. 4. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, 5. so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.

(Corinthians is one of my favorite books along with all the others)

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
4. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8. Love never fails.

(God is Love)
I really needed to remember that today.

2 Corinthians 1:21
21. Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22. set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Galatians 1:3-5
3. Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, 4. who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, 5. to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen

Galatians 6:7-10
7. Do not be deceived: God can not be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

2 Timothy 1:7
7. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

James 1:2-4
2. Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trails of many kinds, 3. because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.


There is so much peace to be found in the pages of the bible these underlined verses that can comfort you over and over again reinforcing your faith. All the plans have been made and what will be will be. There is no turning back now. James 2:24 says “You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.”

Our flight will leave on July 28 at 4:05 P.M. on Air France. Flight AF0033 we will fly to Paris to Charles de Gaulle Airport. We will take a medical transfer to another flight going to Mumbai, India. We will get there at 11:05 P.M. on July 29th. Coming into a strange place at that late hour scares me. It will be dark. Putting my trust in people to come and get us that I don’t know also is scary. The trip in mileage is 9,374 miles. Some 20 plus hours might be involved. I have flown many times but never for something like this under these circumstances. We will go directly to the hospital from the airport and things will start happening very quickly. There is a lot of fear but there is also a lot of determination to help Debra. That over rides any fears that I might have. I think we are always wondering what will happen but there is no crystal balls to tell us the future so I am putting my hope in the love of Christ Jesus. I am bowing my head in faithful prayer. I am surrendering my will to his and I am trusting in the promises of God. Even if it doesn’t turn out the way I want I am still trusting it will turn out as it should and I am willing to except that whatever happens it’s was within God’s plan.I hope to be able to keep up my journaling. I am sure I will have free time but I also want to take in as much as I can while I am there. I have an adventurous side to me as well. Sights, sounds, smells, foods, that all will be worked in between surgeries, doctors, and test and chaotic mayhem. We will have 10 days in the country that we will stay at a hotel before our return. They want you to stay at least that long so they can be fairly sure there are no complications. It also gives you time to heal a bit before your flight home. They do help you with medications for the flight home so it’s more comfortable as well. That’s good news. Well my day has to get started so I am off now to check e-mails and see what this day will bring……….Love Vickie

No comments: