Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Just a e-mail I sent out to tired to type it again.....

Hello from India
Just wanted to let everyone know that the trip to Mumbia went just as planned. We had a lovely trip and had some Indian food already that was pretty good. It's 4:10 a.m. here and the first thing after being here for about 30 minutes was a call from home. That totally rocked!! Our plane was delayed in the air for about an hour so I really wasn't expecting that I would get to talk to anyone for a day or so. I have been awake since 6 a.m. July 28 till now which here is July 30th 4:15 a.m. Watched several movies on the plane, on the way to Paris no one sat beside me so I had lot of room and it was great. Debra sat by some entertaining Russians in the seats just ahead of mine. Our room is done in pleasant shades of pale green and it is comfortable, we had people meet us at the air port, handle our bags, drive us right to the door, and checking in at 2 a.m. only took a few minutes. In the room was a plate of fresh fruit, orange and apple juices chilled and bottled water. Nurses in the room with explanations within 5 minutes of our being here. Everyone is pleasant and smiles. The rooms are named after precious gems and rare flowers. Ours is called "Hyacinth Suite". Debra is sleeping calmly her test will start at 5:30 a.m. I am running on pure adrenaline so I am not even thinking about laying down until those test start and I get to see some doctors. I think Debra's calmness comes from knowing that there has to be a better life for her. Even in the airport at Houston a lady in the duty free shop prayed for her when we told her where she was going and to my surprise Debra let her without acting awkward about it. The drive from the airport was a real eye opener. I know why they bring you in late at night! Saw a ton of those rickshaws and these little odd looking taxi's. Even at this early hour the airport was humming but here on the seventh floor at Wockhardt you would never know a thing was going on. It's very quite and the nurses don't bug you every hour on the hour they let you rest. I know I will be very tired during the days to come but I will take lots of pictures and see a little of India. Hope to keep you guys posted everyday on what's going on. I don't know about using Skype at the hospital I am on the hospital's computer right now but I will sure use it when we move to the hotel. David called on Skype and we had a really good connection without delays. You can always call me here at the room. I wont get a phone number till in the morning but David already had it. I had better go it's almost 5 and I have to fill out some paperwork. Love all of you and hope to hear from you soon. Hugs. I love you Roland and I got your lunch time e-mail.

Philippians 4:6
6: Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests by made known to God. 7: And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus.

Keep Always Your Faith!
Love and Hugs
Vickie

1 comment:

Roland said...

Hi Sweetheart. David had called and left a message at the house, so I knew you had made it just fine. Glad to know that things went well. I can rest much easier tonight. Tell Debra Buda is doing fine and has not been a problem. However, he has figured out that she is not here and is looking everywhere for her...bushes, flowerbed, under the sofa, in the bathroom, in their room. He is really attached to her. Right now, he wants to play...Cinnamon seems to be taking things in stride.

God bless both of you and keep you safe. I will see everyone tomorrow night at church. I plan on going. Take plenty of pictures. I look forward to seeing them when you get back.....

I have to tell everyone this is really strange for me. For almost 20 years, I was the one getting on a plane and going strange places while you stayed at home. It really is stange.

Love you with all may heart......