Sunday, July 20, 2008

Once upon a time in a land far far away

Once upon a time in a land far away……….

In July of 2008 I will be turning 50. July 28, 1958 I came into this world. I have put a lot of dreams and plans on hold starting things that I didn't finish. Planning things to the last detail and never really doing them. The other side of that is I have done far more than I could have ever imagined that I would. If I had done it all I would be really tired. Roland has been the most wonderful husband anyone could want. Our lives are a mixed up mess of very very highs and deep deep lows. Sometimes happiness just seems to be held in the palm of my hand then darkness so over whelming it takes everything you have just to stand up.

Roland is angry with me right now he doesn't seem to understand. It really taxes your
relationship to fill in all the little details it takes to make a medical trip to India. Yes, it is daring out of the box thinking. Debra our daughter has for a very long time been sick with many different types of problems. We piece milled together care for her. She is without insurance and it makes it impossible to live a normal life when you don't have the health care that you need. If I could help her make her life be more normal it might help us to make ours more normal as well. Whatever normal is. I looked it up and it has a long definition. It says you conform to the standard or the common type; usual; regular; natural. Serving a fixed standard. It goes on and on but I don't think it's something many people ever really know. So what I did was pray. I asked God and He said trust me. I will show you the way because I am the truth the light and the way.

To start my story our minister at our church took his wife to India to help with a very painful matter. She needed hip resurfacing and after trying a lot of things she got the help she needed in India. Insurance was an issue for them as well both being self-employed/contracted. I got on line and looked up medical tourism. Wochhardt Hospital was the first thing to come up when I started to search. Because I was at the end of my rope and I didn't see anything changing for my daughter’s life I knew I could not just keep band-aiding the problems. It was imperative that I fine some way to help with the problems and move on it. I asked myself why not just trust your heart and let God show you the way? Other have done it Kim Ellis, Brad Wims to name a few of the brave souls. Is it a radical choice... yes it is. Is it scary? I can't even tell you how much. David and Kim blazed the trail they did it with little time and they didn't look back. That is wise because once you look on the map and see where India is it kind of freaks you out. The words South East Asia become part of your vocabulary. You look at the internet and see there is a world out there where help lies that is so different from anything you know. It all looks so different. These doctors are educated at Harvard Medical Colleges in the United States. There are many doctors that are Indian that practice here as well. The doctor that did my lap band was Felix Spiegel he is Russian. God gave all these doctors their talents and he shows no favoritism.... isn't that what He says? So if there is someway to just go to where the help is what is wrong with trusting God and doing what you need to do. My faith is strong enough and I do trust my Lord. I have gotten my travel visas, sent money for plane tickets on Air France and I am going to do what I have to do to make our lives better. It may cost me my marriage. It may cost me everything. It may not be the right thing at all for our lives but I know this if you don't try you don't know. In and with that respect I prayed for guidance and I got it now I have to trust it and go with it. God please be with us...........


8:42:00 PM
by Vickie Sims

1 comment:

Darla said...

May God bless your journey! My prayers will be with you daily as I know many others will be as well.
May peace be found in healing.
Darla