Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Our First Problems

The test results are coming back hot and heavy; I have never seen so many doctors and nurses. Test after test, scopes, x-rays, blood work, EKG’s, MRI’s and each and every doctor wants to take a quick look at this or that. Debra is wearing out and you can tell the tension is mounting. She has ordered me to go out for a while and let her rest but the doctors come to often for me to leave her alone. Ton’s of questions most of them the same questions over and over by different people.

The only doctor that is in disagreement is the gynecologist who like all the others say she is to young to have a full hysterectomy. This doctor wants us to let her make the choice in the surgery suite after they have fully investigated the situation. Debra would have already under gone being put to sleep and I don’t think it’s fair for her not to know going in what the out come will be. They don’t want to do this unless it’s absolutely in her best interest because of her age. Everything else is good all the test are coming back with positives.

There will be a psychologist coming by shortly to talk to both of us separately. Are we nuts? No, really that’s not it. He is going to advise Debra on how to trim down on medications and he is going to advise me on how to help her with the bi-polar issues. His fee is $20. Last time I paid a bill for Debra in the United States for only her to see the psychologist it cost me $179.00 for less than 10 minutes of his time. He wrote her a prescription and sent her on her way. Just gave her what she wanted. That really burned me up! We’ll have as much time as we need on this consult. We both will see him and we both will have some useful information when we leave from the visit. When the lady from the billing office came to talk to me she said there would be an extra fee for this. By her talking to me I thought it might be hundreds of dollars no it’s $20.00 can we do that she asked? Was I in agreement to have a full investigation for that fee? I told her yes I was.

Another problem is the converters are to heavy to stay in the plugs on the walls. They are not a tight fit and they just pull out of the wall. Even the converter they have here at the hospital wont work so no personal computer use until we get to the hotel and see if we can get them to work there. At least I have this one to use here at the hospital. That also means I can’t use my Skype account. They have brought in several different types of plugs and no luck, had the maintenance team came up and looked at it and it just doesn’t work. Also, our DVD’s we brought don’t comply with the DVD player they have in the room. Hummmmmmmm seems we are all the way across the world and things are a little different than they are at home. Ha Ha……oh well at least I am not totally without communications. We are very dependant on these computers these days it’s kind of scary! I can’t charge my camera batteries, or download my pictures but it’s coming. I have two fully charged batteries for the camera so I will still get my photos.

Things have gone quite seems the doctors are off to look at test results. They will be back tonight to make the final planning stages. So I think I will lay down for a bit and rest while Debra is doing the same thing.

Oh and yeah I do like the food it’s not Texas food but it’s got some punch! Had some chicken with grilled onion and red peppers it was pretty good I kept it to snack on because it was a pretty good size portions. I’ll be dropping a few pounds that’s for sure myself. I got ice cream and I am not really sure what that was that they brought but it was not what I would have thought you would get.

Naptime ………….more later

3 comments:

david said...

Keep asking for the ice cream. Sometimes it resembles the real thing other times not. If its melted just stick in the freezer for later. lol

The land of a $20 Dr visit. Ah to be back in India. One of my consults costs all of $14 as I recall, but the gas to get there, expensive! Bless you both.

Darla said...

A doctor visit for 20 bucks?? I can't even make an appointment for $20. HA! I talked to Lorella (aka - sissy) and told her where you were going and what you where doing. She sends her love and lots of prayers. Love to you both, Darla

Stephen F. Austin State University said...

You both are in my thoughts and prayers! I suffer from depression as well, so to see a doctor for $20 would be shocking! :) Robin