Monday, July 28, 2008

We leave for a new beginning today........





Today is July 28th 2008 my 50th birthday it’s also the start of a new life for my daughter and myself. This is a brand new day for all of us. Sunday was a day that every mother hopes for a day when prayers are said for someone you love. A day when you realize that the blood of Christ is for the protection of everyone and that might just include you and the people you love. On Sunday before we were due to leave July 27th 2008 Debra rededicated her life to Christ. Baptized as a child she didn’t really understand the commitment she was making but to see her take that step as an adult really made her parents very happy. I am sure it made her heavenly Father happy as well.

I do a lot of crazy things but this is really off the chart even for me. Roland and I got up this morning had coffee and said our good-byes. I was thankful that there were no tears because we both know that whatever happens at this point can only be for the best. God is with us. Our Church family has prayed for us asking before God for our safety and blessings. There is nothing to fear at this point. Everything that can be done has been done. I have this saying by my computer it says that God is still God even in the most difficult of situations. Faith makes yesterday a stepping stone, today a new beginning, tomorrow a limitless possibility.

Karen Goode will come and drive us to the airport we will leave at noon. Everything is packed and ready to go. I will take a few very special things with me. These small things will remind me of home. A few of these things will seal my faith and calm my heart while I am away. My Bible, a small gold cross with Rubies and diamonds that has made this trip before us and returned with it’s owner to be safe and whole again. It will go with me as a constant reminder that Love never fails.

The flight will be a long one 20 plus hours respectfully. I will post as I can depending on computer access and time after we are checked into the hospital. I just want the people who read this to know how much we love all of you for your support and kindness. Lakewood is a family to me that I never had and your prayers and love mean everything to me.

Roland, I just want you to know you are the husband that God wants you to be. I could not have asked or dreamed for more. My life has been nothing but blessed because of you. You are my world, I love you I respect you and I treasure you. I will miss you and I can not wait to be back with you again. Thank you for loving me and standing beside me though everything. It takes a special person to do what you have done. You give of yourself like no man I have ever known. I thank God for you every single day. I am so proud to be your wife. Thank you for always putting us first. I love you.

3 comments:

Darla said...

My prayers go with you as you and Debra fly to a far away land. May God bless you and keep you both safe and well. By the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU!! What a way to celebrate the big 50!
darla

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
crieck said...

Vicki by now you should be in India. I pray that all goes well for Debra. Your family is very special and I know God will take good care of you as always. On a different note, I didn't know that you joined the "50" club. Yippee! 50 is fun!!
Much love,
Cindy