Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Being Released and Going Where?? Hotel Tip Top!

Well I am sitting here at the computer once again. It’s mid day here and the rains are still falling. It stops nothing really they just slosh though it just like we do back home. Debra has done beautifully today, much less pain, walking, doing her breathing treatments. In general her mood is great. We will be checking out of the hospital by noon on the 7th. We will go to a hotel called the Tip Top that is closer than the Leela because we have to come back for dental work and the eye surgery center is closer in this area. Travel is not a nice thing here and you get into major traffic jams. It makes keeping appointments a problem at times so you need to stay in the best location. Right now that location is near the hospital. After we are done we can go to the Leela if that is our wish because it is close to the airport. We will see how it works they take me to look at the hotel before they book it so a driver will pick me up this afternoon drive me to both and back showing me the routes he takes and the time frames from each hotel. All in all I think that might just be interesting in and of it’s self. We continue to have some pretty heavy rains. If we go in a rickshaw I foresee getting wet and cold. Most of the time we can go by a small car if there is any distance involved. I will keep you posted on that. I am excited to go to the hotel with all the new construction on the hospital there is constant banging and tools running. It’s not quite on this end of the building. The hotel I pray will be much quiter.
Debra will have her dental here at a center within the hospital area but the eye center is in another location. It’s called the Rushabh Eye Hospital in Chembur. That is just another area of Mumbai. That means she’ll see some travel. She is a bit scared to venture out to much due to her anxious nature. They have taken her off all the medications she brought from home. To me her nature has improved a 100% but she is still not sure she is really ready to face India without medications. Frankly I might need some myself but we do what we have to do with or without. I think it will be good for her to see she can do it own her own. A panic attack would be a major problem for both of us here. I still don’t think it will come down to that. If it does we will do what we have always done in the past …deal with it. She has had another pain shot and is sleeping soundly. I am sure she will enjoy having the room to herself while I am out this afternoon. She looks so calm and rested right now it’s odd to have peace knowing where she is at!
I do have to admit Kim was right if you have nothing to compare it to the experience is not that bad. I think Debra took it like a trooper because there were several time Debra could have just wigged out on me but didn’t. I was greatful for her calm spirit because I can’t say mine was always like that. I did a lot of pacing and getting up and down and moving things around. It was very hard for me to be still. I tried to remember that saying that goes ”be still and know that I am God”. It helped and reading the bible helped. There is a lot to be said for all that.
I had a nice breakfast and lunch today I had slept threw dinner last night. When I finally did go to sleep at about 8:30 p.m. I wasn’t about to wake up to eat. They bring dinner kind of late for me. The only problem with going to sleep that early is you wake up at 4 a.m. I go take a shower and get dressed before the morning shift starts coming in so I guess it’s all for the best. A little odd sleep is better than no sleep at all.
Debra had gotten on-line earlier to check out the storm you guys are having and pulled up the Baytown Sun on-line. I think that’s pretty funny you can read home town news while your in India. I had to laugh our world is getting smaller and smaller.
Well I have things to do this afternoon so I will post this and tell you of my travels later. God Bless you all and keep you safe until we are together again. Below is some information on the band that Debra got it’s the newest coming out on the market that is FDA approved. That’s great! Better even than mine.
Swedish Adjustable Band: An adjustable gastric band that is manufactured by Obtech Medical AG of Switzerland (not Sweden!) It was invented by Professor Dag Hallberg, from Sweden, in 1984. Although the patent was awarded in 1985 in Sweden , Denmark and Norway, the product was manufactured in Switzerland. On September 28, 2007, Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. (a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson) announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved for marketing their product, the REALIZE™ Adjustable Gastric Band. The REALIZE™ Band, has been marketed under the name Swedish Adjustable Gastric Band (SAGB) outside the U.S., and has been commercially available outside the U.S. since 1996. It is probably the most commonly used band in the UK, Scandinavia and Mexico.

No comments: