Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Some Moments in Life really Hurt But they are only Moments

Debra was in suffering pain last night. We had a lot of tears and the pain medications did not put her to sleep this time as quickly as we had hoped. She really had a rough go of it till they could get it under control. She was awake most of the night and I was up every few hours. They let us put ice on her tongue and lips but not even a sip of water. There is that burning sensation from the medication the ice relieves it a bit. She is doing better this morning and because the therapist was late in coming last night they didn't make her get up and walk last night. I think it will be more tolerated this morning. They have bathed and cleaned her up and she took that quite well. Lot's of rolling involved there but she did it without much fuss. At 9 this morning she has to walk the hall. I think she'll do it okay. They are pretty rough with her to stimulate the blood flow by rubbing her back until she can walk. It looks pretty painful to me and I think I would rather walk on hot coals. She has to do the breathing exercises and they work with her hourly on that. It's 7 a.m. in the morning here. I am really tired but don't seem to be able to lie down or stop my mind from racing. Where are those mother's little helpers we had in the 60's. Ha ha not that I would touch it with a 10 foot pole if I had it. But I would like to think I would if it was made available. My wicked mind thinks like that sometimes. God forgive me.

I have to read this a hundred times today. I read it every time I send an e-mail. These scriptures have been a blessing to me again and again.

Philippians 4:6
6: Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests by made known to God. 7: And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus.

Keep Always Your Faith!

I slowed down for a while and now it is 3:45 p.m. it was not a easy sleep with a lot of traffic in and out of the room but it was some sleep. I was grateful my soul would allow it even if it comes in catnaps. Debra seems to be doing well. They have found a combination of medications that are now controlling her pain. That’s another blessing. I would not like to see another repeat of last night. That was a little intense to have to watch. When your child is hurting it is brutal to be able to do nothing but pat their backs or put a damp clothe on the forehead. Their pain truly is your pain as well.

I was supposed to go to the dentist today. They have not called for me yet so maybe not they are checking with the dentist now. I want to get it done while Debra is resting comfortable. I wouldn’t want to leave the room with her struggling. They have removed the caterer so now all she has is the IV. Still getting pain shots in the rear. I bet she would kill for one of those butterfly ports where they would give the shots like they do them in the states. She has a port in her IV for medications but they do not give pain medications that way. It’s a huge shot with a big needle. It makes me hurt all the way across the room every time they bring one in about every four hours. You need a pain pill to prepare for the pain shot.

I was going to try to go out for a while but heavy rains are also hitting this area. It’s on and off but its still very heavy they said it would break off this afternoon but it doesn’t seem to be breaking. We have several more days here so I will still have time to get to the market and find out if I like mud or not. Last time our area (in Texas) had a hurricane we were in England during the evacuation so it must be a tread of mine to leave the country when storms are coming. Guess I didn’t realize you could run into a storm anywhere.

I did make it to the dentist. They have given me a prescription for some medications wonder where I will get a refill on those in the states. Looking at them I don’t think it’s going to be on the shelves at Wal-Mart. One is an oral rinse called Benzydamine Mouthwash BP 0.15% w.v. Tantum oral rinse. The other is metronidazole gel or metrogyl DG gel. These items are marketed by Lekar Pharma LTD. In Mumbai India. Each gram of gel contains Metronidazola benzoate 10mg. I took an x-ray and got meds for under $5.00. At the pharmacy they looked at me like I was crazy when I handed them my credit card. My RX was 1.90 for 2 items. Hummmmmm who knew it would just be better to pay that in cash. Bet the people at Visa are going to be disappointed they lost that sale.

The doctor has come in and Debra has done exercises, breathing treatments, Physical therapy, and some walking. She is no longer begging for pain medications and is kind and cooperative. I wonder what’s in that IV they are giving her! She is also not taking her medications from home. No pills can be tolerated for sometime. Even long after you are healed you can only take very small pills at best. I have not been on the computer that much today as we have been spending some mother/daughter time together.

I will get this posted it has taken me all day to write it. It’s 7:00 p.m. now.

I always want to thank you who read this for your prayers and e-mails. The comments are nice on the blog as well because I will always treasure having that to look back on. I am looking forward to posting some pictures for you guys. In the next few days I should have my Indian mood music for the calming affects it has so that should be enjoyable to get that. I really hope the rain breaks off and it’s clear in the morning. Best of luck to all of you who are in the path of the storm at home. Batten down the hatches mates we live on the coast.

Rollie Bear thank you for the phone calls and the love you send in them. Couldn’t have got a better husband if I hand picked him off the Internet search for perfect profiles. “Incredibles” was just the ticket for life and for love. Sometimes your at the wrong place at the right time.

I am excited about being an adopted grandparent at Lakewood Church of Christ! I will welcome this with all my heart and I am looking forward to it. Shelby Hammel will be my grand daughter. I couldn’t be more proud to have her. I will not be able to be at the luncheon but I will have something from India to present to Shelby on that day. A little bird told me she has just had a birthday. Shelby welcome to our world!

FYI this is posted later than it would have been the storm was so strong it knocked out power and Internet service for a good while. It's now 4:00 a.m. here so as you can see for me there is no day or night but I am getting this posted now the Internet is working again. Just like being at home as far as that's concerned. Love You Guys .........Hugs from Mumbai.

No comments: