Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Free Day of Shopping and Rickshaws.....

Today I went out in the rickshaws with Debra. She is a real trooper and seem to be feeling fine. Her energy level has skyrocketed. As for me I am starting to feel some ware and tear. We got to do some quality shopping at the mall today and it was a lot of fun looking around at all the goodies. We have been to two different shopping malls and both have their own special parts. Nice stores in both. There is R Mall in Mulund and also another called the Phoenix Mall. One of the nicer stores in called Pantaloons aka Macy’s. There was some beautiful clothes there but I would never wear these things in the states. It’s like our friends that came from England and they all bought cowboy hats. Nobody wears a cowboy hat in England. Same would go for me on my return home but I did buy those cute little stickers they wear on their foreheads. I got a bunch of different styles of those. Bangle bracelets are a big thing here as well with India crystals. There are several areas that are good for shopping the area we are in now is called “Thane” pronounced Tone-e. The capital area is Maharashrta. Now try this on for size the airport is called “Chhtrapati Shivaji International Airport India” or (BOM) for short. It is 28 kms North of Mumbai and 2A-2C are the International gates. They have some markets that you can go to by rickshaw called Crawford Market which is a city market veggies, and every thing else. Zaveri Bazaar is known for it’s gold items. Chor Bazaar is the antiques on Mutton Street but who would know what to buy there. I have become aware of such things as the Arabian Sea where the Gateway to India opens and Sanjay Gandi National Park. My money now has pictures of Mahatma Gandi on them instead of United States Presidents. I have also found butter at the local food joint. I find a nightly staple of mashed potatoes is a great diet for me with butter! I bought these little plastic blue bowls and I fix some up. We have a hot water kettle in our room. No micro waves here. Instant mashed potatoes and it’s dinner with a cup of Taj Mahal tea. I have found that the coffee I was drinking in the morning with my breakfast has done nasty things to my digestive track. I thought well it’s hot it’s okay but no not really. We are out of the safety of the filtered water at the hospital it’s best not to even drink out of a glass washed in the regular water. Live and learn! Hoping to be able to talk to someone at the pharmacy to get something I can take to clear this up.*
We were thinking we might come home early but I don’t think we can change our flights that easily. We’ll stay maybe another extra 4 days that we might have gotten away with but we don’t know until the last minute so you can’t change tickets that easy. It will give us time to know if all is well with the eye surgery and the dental stuff so it’s just as well we stay as we had planned. I just really didn’t want to be in this hotel. We are right on a main roadway and the honking and traffic even from the 6th floor seems to be loud all day and all night. The heavy rain makes everything messy and damp. Oh well it’s just for a little while. I think of all the benefits I see in Debra and the changes already it’s worth it. If things continue we are headed in the right direction. The changes they made in her medications have made a world of difference. She is on the bed with head phones on listening to bible tapes. I thought about getting her an Internet card when we first got here but it’s been good that she didn’t have it. We are going to get her one and bounce the service back and forth on the computers if that works out if not I will just get her a card. I am really happy to see her in the bible and not on the Internet doing mindless searching. That would not be of benefit to her at this point in time.
We go back to the dentist at 4:15 p.m. on Monday. I am not sure what they are going to do but we will be there for them to do it. I think they are working more on Debra than on me but then I was wrong last time. Can’t trust a dentist no matter where your at in this world. They are wicked. Eye Surgery is Tuesday.
Well I think it wraps this up for today. Just always want to thank you all who read for your prayers. We are all walking on a tight rope these days trying to do as God would have us to do. It’s hard being locked in a hotel room with a daughter with so many changes going on for us. Sometimes tempers flare and sometimes it’s just sweet. Life always like to throw you curve balls. Keep the prayers coming and we are doing the same for those of you who are in need of the same. We can never forget that each of us is bearing a cross and we need to be there for each other the best we can. I always bought an egg for Melinda while on trips for her sitting with our dogs. I didn’t forget to buy her one on this trip either. We have to hold firm to our faith with each other. God is still an awesome God. Debra asked the lady at the bookstore today if she had the Bible written in Hindi ……now what do you think she said?! There is a young man at the hospital I will be sending a bible. I think he can read it in English. I just wished you could have seen the look on that girls face. It was priceless. Ya’ll have a good night we will be thinking about you……..I love you Rollie Bear…..

No comments: