Saturday, August 16, 2008

MOCHA'S SAVED THE DAY

Breakfast at Mocha's........Cheese fondue.......yummmmmmmm
Apple crepes at Mocha's with carmel sauce and Kona Coffee from Hawaii.......ha ha
Side of the road prayer room.
Traffic in Mumbai on a slow day.......

Most people believe that it takes months and years to transform their lives. Actually, you can literally change your life in an instant by making a single decision never to go back to the way you have been living--no matter what. What takes months, years, and sometimes decades is the maintenance required to live by that decision. I woke this morning in a bit of frustration that I am still in India. Last nights celebrations lead to horn honking all night long. Not the normal horn honking but blaring honking. I woke up with a headache and grumpy. I didn’t go down to breakfast but enjoyed talking to Roland on Skype it was good to vent to my husband about my troubles. Debra did go down to the restaurant for it gave us a break from each other. When she came back up we needed to clear out of the room so house keeping could do our room. After some aspirin and getting a good shower I was back to my old self. We grabbed a rickshaw which we are very accustom to using now and headed to the Nirmal Mall by the Hospital. We started to just stay for a while but then it turned into an all day event. We went back to ‘Mocha’s’ for breakfast and had a cheese fondue. It was fabulous and put me in a better mood. After we had done that we went up to a book store called “Crossword” I found a nice place to sit and read some of the writings of Robin Sharma. He wrote a book called “The monk who sold his Ferrari” He is an internationally acclaimed leadership guru. The Dr. Phil of India. It was a good place to kill some time and Debra ran around doing things she wanted and I read. I can’t believe how spoiled I am to my personal space. I enjoy at home long hours of private time reading and doing whatever I want. Going to the gym ect. But here you are locked into always having people around you always having noise. It’s not good for your karma. India as a whole is full of noise there is no quite places here. Even at the hospital there was constant noise from construction, working, people and traffic it’s mind boggling. First thing I want to do when I get home is to sit out on the back porch and hear nothing but birds. I had told Rikki Lane that the porch was my sanctuary I didn’t know how true that statement was. It’s screened in there is no bugs it’s the most perfect place and I miss it dearly. Roland and I have dinner out there almost every night I miss that as well. It’s so true you don’t know what you have until it’s gone.
We went to “Reflexology” and had foot massages which were very nice. Debra had a man do hers and I had a lady but I had to keep telling her “rub easy” she had very strong hands. When we got the pressure right it was a very relaxed event. They brought us out cups of green tea and we sat in these lovely plush chairs. It was at least a calmer atmosphere than we had been having still there was noise. Now I know why they need Zen moments. (meditation). What was odd to me was it was mostly men not woman getting their feet done. Debra and I were the only females in the place except for the workers. Seems here it’s the men who like to be pampered.
We went back to the book store and I bought Robin Sharma’s book on Daily Inspiration. It will be some reading on the trip home as I have read all my other books that I brought with me. We all need daily inspiration. Don’t worry I wont be replacing the bible I read daily with that of the guru. What is that old saying ……when in Rome do as the Roman’s do. Not a chance on that happening!!! I only have one King that I am true to and that is Christ Jesus. Debra felt that Bharat might have intentions of converting me while I was at the Tibetan Prayer service. I just had to laugh. I have all ready been converted to Christianity and you don’t change that. It’s alright to look at how the other half lives but it’s great to be able to see the truth in what you believe. 1 in 5 people who practice religion are Hindu. That blows my mind. So does it mean if you get a henna tattoo that your hinny? I don’t think so. It means you have experienced something different. If your convictions are strong nothing is going to waver you from what you trust and believe. Those who have a strong belief in Christ Jesus are not feathers in the wind.
We had some coffee at the bookstore and finished off the fondue that we had for breakfast. We had taken it in a take away box. We had a little trouble getting a rickshaw back because of heavy traffic but I managed to flag one down. We transferred at the border between Muland and Thane and I have found look for the younger guys they speak some English. Enough to understand you. There are thousands of rickshaws so you never have the same driver. Back at the hotel safe and sound we took showers and hooked up the computers for writing e-mails and posting blogs. It wont be long now and we will be making that trip home. I am ready and so is Debra.
I am going to end my day listening to George Strait and some good country music. You never forget where you come from………..Think I will start with Amarillo by Morning………I love George……I love Roland, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jordan said you have to try to toblerone shake at Mocha's... he wants to know if it's across the street from the beach, if so, he's been there and you need to try the hookah!

blessings,
karen