Saturday, August 2, 2008

Our Room in Wockhardt Hospital India

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". Jeremiah 29:11


" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". Jeremiah 29:11


We have a very spacious room with a huge bathroom. They call it the Hyacinth Suite its in the hospital on the seventh floor. That’s reserved for the international clients that come here. If you didn’t ever go out of this room it would be much like a room in the states. Until your doctors show up and the nurses then you know something is up. It’s done in soft pale green colors and has 2 very large windows that over look the city with a view of the mountain ranges in the background. In the mornings because it’s their monsoon season there is a light blanket of fog across the treetops and usually a soft light steady rain. There are divider panels of glass that are etched with Indian designs. I sleep in a little nook that is really quite comfortable. Debra’s bed is on the other side of the room with a divider wall that houses this computer station and the television. Which is useless to us as it’s all in languages that we don’t speak. It is pretty comical to watch but you can’t understand. I think they like slap stick comedies quite well. The dress is way over the top very decorative especially for the ladies. They dress that way even to work. I have seen the ones that dress totally in black with the slit only for her eyes. Seems we had a man come with about 12 of them at his attendance. He was dressed in white with a white turban and the woman’s group that followed him around were all dressed this way totally covered in the black. He must have been someone of importance because he caused quite a stir upon his arrival. They came in large vans. I like to go down by the ER and watch the going and coming of people. The hospital is like a mad house, hundreds of people coming and going. Lots of different languages spoken that’s including English. There is a rickety old bench you can sit on but you better watch those big birds if your under a tree they will bomb you. Also don’t stand near the scaffolding that’s a big bird hang out as well. You learn quickly not to stand still very long. The nurses and doctors roam in packs. They are never alone and at least 3 of them are together confirming what the other says. The nurses on the other floors literally run from room to room in their little packs. Nothing goes at a slow pace except the international floor where it’s very different than the rest of the hospital.

I took Debra over to the dental clinic this afternoon to have a tooth checked on since we were killing some time waiting on the surgery. By the way it is set for Monday at one o’clock in the afternoon. She will spend the night in the ICU and I have to stay here in this room for that one night. I am not crazy about that but that’s the way they do it here. I am finding I don’t have a lot to say about it. She is taking some treatments to help with her breathing tonight. They have come in with the magic pill a short while ago. It usually puts her out within 15 minutes. She’s doing okay and seems happy tonight not to stressed out. She says I am stressed enough for both of us. She got her first dose of the hawk eye treatment going over to the clinic. I had warned her they don’t pull any punches with giving you a good going over. From head to toe they are checking you out without reservation about it. It’s a little intimidating. They made her take a wheelchair over so that drew even more attention to us, which is nerve wracking! It would have been better if they had of just let her walk. She can’t eat much in the morning as they will be flushing her system and making preparations. They are putting her out early so I don’t think she’ll be awake but for a few minutes if any when they take her down stairs to the operations suite. Like I said before she’ll never know what hit her. She gets to laughing when she is nervous and they don’t expect that. So to prevent laughter and cutting up they will put her down quickly. She does like to tease around with them and they seem to like it. It’s not offensive.

Well I finally got to Brad’s blog and tonight we are saying prayers for our own. I sent a comment to Jenny telling her people all over the world would be praying for Brad tonight as I believe they are flying at this time back to Germany. My heart goes out to all of them.

I am getting really tired so I am trying to lie down shortly. I will be back up several times during the night so I might write more later but for now it’s nighttime. Love all of you; Keep the faith and the prayers coming. All my love, dear friends………………
Happiness keeps You Sweet,
Trials keep You Strong,
Sorrows keep You Human,
Life keeps You Humble,
Success keeps You Glowing,
But Only
God keeps You Going


3 comments:

Katie Russel said...

HI Debra & Vickie !!!

All the best... Dont worry u guys are in wonderful hands...
Even I have been to WOCKHARDT HOSPITALS for my knee replacement surgery. It was great experience at Wockhardt. The doctors, nurses and other staff at Wockhardt - all were amazing...

Anonymous said...

Good morning ladies, wanted to say hello and let you know that extra prayers are with you this Lord's day. WE hope you both feel the almighty power of God and his graciousness. Blessings be yours today as you only have to wait one more day for the surgery. Our prayers are for a very successful surgery and a peace of mind for all.
Vickie, I do not know what it will be like to sit and wait on Debra's surgery. I was on the other end, heading into an ER with few if any who spoke English.:-) All I can say is that I thank almighty God every day for the experience.
Get outside and let the beauty of God's world surround you with his blessings. Feel the arms that held you and continue to hold you in our thoughts and prayers.
Blessing to you both with much love from Baytown, Kim

Anonymous said...

Will Debra have all three surgeries tomorrow or just one?

Robin