Monday, August 18, 2008

JURASSIC PARK AND MUSIC TILL WE CAN LEAVE....

ONE OF THE CLINICS HERE IN MUMBIA INDIA
SURVIVAL FOODS
BLACK PEPPER INDIAN STYLE
I THINK THEY MIGHT BE RAVENS

Today was a better experience here in Mumbai. It wasn’t raining!! We had a rough night and sleep didn’t come easy as it gets closer to coming home it’s hard on the nerves and you just don’t rest well. Got up early and Skyped with Roland and then we went down for breakfast. The guys down there at the restaurant are really getting to know us and cut up with us and tease us about only eating corn flakes with warmed milk. Really that’s pretty good you should try it. It grows on you. We were so excited about the warm clear day we went for the mall and even being tired we enjoyed the day a lot. Mocha’s is our favorite place to just hang out. Crossword’s is also another place to just hang out. The clear day did wonders for my attitude.
I went to the dentist for some work today. Debra is waiting for her crowns to come back from the lab. I wasn’t really sure I liked what he had done to my mouth but after a while it started feeling right. He said give it a chance and he was right it does feel better but my mouth had to get used to the changes. Kind of like wearing new shoes. There is a braking in period. I only have 3 days to make sure it’s right. It feels right and when the bridge gets placed it should be even better. If the dentist is right on this he says it will add 20 years to my dental life.
When we came back to the hotel they were having a huge party of some kind. TV crews and satellite dishes where set up out front and cars were every where. We are in our room but the music is so loud it shakes the hotel. Must be some kind of important event. They have 3 levels of banquet halls here. I guess for a hotel in the middle of the city it’s a pretty nice hotel. Not like the Leela would have been but still pretty nice. At least it didn’t cost me $250. 00 a night.
I called tonight to confirm our travel arrangements for the trip home. They will pick us up at 9 p.m. to take us to the airport on the 21st. The flight is at 2:15 a.m. on the 22nd but I would rather be really early than late and have to push. That will give us 4 hours before the flight takes off. We came in really early at 1 a.m. in the morning and the airport was packed. There is not really a slow time at the airport. Things can go wrong with traffic here and I don’t want to take a chance on the trip home. Bharat will make our arrangements and I trust him. Nothing has went wrong in dealing with him. I think he was a little disappointed that we didn’t call upon his services more often but I could do things on my own just as well.
We will eat early dinners at Mocha’s for the rest of our time here. I love the atmosphere. It’s a lot of fun the music is up beat and the food is good. I had some hot chocolate there today that was to die for. Other places I am sure are good but we have this one down and they know us. I will try the Toblerone shake on my next visit. I am sure there are some other interesting things that I will try as well before we leave this place. We wanted to get henna tattoos but we can’t find a place that will do them for us. I think it’s something that only the Indian ladies are allowed to do. They do this as a sign of great respect for a special event in their lives. We asked where to get them done and no one will tell us a place to go. Like it’s secret and for their culture only. We can respect that.
As we listen to the loud music tonight and enjoy the vibration of our walls I will remind myself it wont be long and we will be back home. I will also be reading some in Colossians 1:13 for he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins….15 He is the image of the invisible God, the first born over all creation. 16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for you guys to get home. I could use a big hug and a trip to El Toro with my friend!!!
love you both and I pray for safe travel in the days ahead. Stay dry!
darla

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a day of clearer weather. 4 days and counting!! if you are up already this morning, today doesn't count:-) I counted nights of sleep (or attempted sleep) before we left. sounds like you have it under control. Tell Bahrat we said hello. STill raining in H-town. Try to enjoy the days you have left. Debra, Make sure your electronic music is charged for the ride home:-)Blessing to you and much love, kim