Thursday, August 14, 2008

Stitches are out today.........


This is the stair way at the Tip Top Hotel





Our snack at 'Mocha' we took a lot of this back to the room.....but it was good for what we could eat of it.


We had to get new Internet cards today, more rupee money for the rickshaws, breakfast coupons. We don’t have anything to do until this afternoon between 2 and 4. We go to the hospital and get Debra’s stitches taken out. I check out my info with the dentist and see how he’s doing with my selections of colors. We did buy some outfits I got a beautiful green one and Debra choose yellow. She wanted to wear hers today but I am saving mine to wear when we get back home.
I wanted to try a taxi ride today and it was good but the guy thought he was carrying Prince Diana the way he hauled us around honking to high heaven. It was funny but when we got out I noticed the seat was wet and my whole back end was soaked. From the rain the window had been cracked so the seat was wet on my side. I was glad it wasn’t on Debra’s side of the car because she wore her outfit for the doctors to see. She looked really nice.
After we got Debra’s stitches out we wanted to celebrate a little so we went to a place called ‘Mocha’ for coffee and conversation. It was an Indian ‘smoking room’ with these huge bongs they smoke all these different tobacco’s in. (We thought it was going to be a coffee shop when we first went in.) They smoke the tobacco in apple juice and fruit juices sucked up through these long hoses. It was interesting to watch and I was proud for Debra being a smoker not to do it but only watch it. She vows to give up her smoking when she returns home and she has not smoked at all while we have been here. I am very proud for her on this matter. I think she would have liked to have the experience but not with her mother. They did have fantastic Hawaiian Kona Coffee!!, a dessert list to die for and other goodies to eat as well. It was very art deco looking on the inside and Debra loved it. It was a good place for a celebration.
After we left there we were both pretty tired. Long doctors days and dentist still loom before us and we need rest. She is having a hard time being still a vast transformation of the girl I brought to India with me who could not do much of anything. Now she is a seasoned rickshaw rider, communicator, money changer and has a smile on her face. She can eat a few solid items now and has already dropped a good deal of weight…almost 20 lbs even according to the doctor as of today. She can even steal my clothes already so the fight will be on now just like it always has been. She has no respect for my things and loves to steal my clothes. I think it’s been a game for us for a long time now. I win sometimes and she wins sometimes.
I had better go we have an 8:45 dental appointment. They are starting a religious festival here and it’s a big deal so things are closing in honor of the holy day. I am staying in my room and watching from the window in the safety of my room. They say it gets wild and crazy and they make all these plaster paris molds of this elephant looking thing and then at the end of the festival they throw them all in the water ways and it causes all kinds of problems with the water systems. They are called devotees and it doesn’t matter they are going to do it anyway. There are thousands of these things made and it’s a ritual to throw them into some body of water at the end of the festival. A return to nature type ideal. Hummmmmm it's called Ganesh Festival Chaturthi.

Oh one more things we got sarees today. This place is called 'Jashin' were we bought them. They are a designer celebratin store. We took our pictures with the owner and had a blast with these guys. It was the experience I wanted in buying clothes here. I tried dozens of them on and selected a red one to match my beaded shoes. I have these guys address and he wants me to send them a copy of the pictures. (Karen remember our fabric guy in Paris? It was the same here and talk about fun and we needed some fun!) The store is in Nirmal Lifestyle Mall, D-Block,L.B.S. Marg, Mulund (W) Mumbai, India. Phone (022) 32470945 The owner is named Rupesh Johnson aka 'Jashin' Of all the things we have done this has got to be by far the best as far as fun goes.



Going to bed. Roland I will have to Skype you early because of our appointment. Look for us around 6 a.m. our time…….Love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! We can have a 'saree' night and go Indian food!! I am quite jealous, however. You guys are having way to much fun to be there for so much medical stuff. I want to go back when I can actually ride around. It was a bit tough with 12 inches of incision on either hip, but hey, well worth the pain! Heading to Denver tonight then home -- 5 cities in 5 days but will be in Texas all next week. Can't wait to see you two. you looked great in the pics. Blessings to you both--and continued angel watch :-) love, kim