Thursday, August 7, 2008

We are headed to the Tip Top Hotel....Oh Joy

Well today is check out and there has been a lot of activity. Did my packing last night and man our bags weigh a ton! I don’t know what we hauled to India but it’s heavy. Got to do some more shopping at another market over by the Tip Top. I got some Indian Music CD’s but I don’t think I will open them until I get home. They reworked our dental visits as outpatients and now they still owe us money back! So I got some more of the magical dental creams, mouthwashes and 6 months worth of medications for Debra. I just can’t believe it. Roland I am trying to spend that money but it’s just harder here. Seems like I am getting more and more and paying less and less. We are on the other side of the world that’s for sure no doubted in my mind about it now. The hotel has a room ready for us, the car is coming, and the dentist is coming up to our room to see us instead of us having to go see him. I didn’t like the price on one of the things for Debra on her dental so they dropped it by half the original price and I said oh okay, sure, fine. She was happy, as it was a teeth-whitening procedure.

They have taken her IV Port out and she is eating a soft diet, broth, Jell-O, custard. Oh no she is not to have custard! It didn’t hurt her she just wasn’t supposed to have any milk products yet. She is holding everything down, a little sore, and no nausea. All in all things couldn’t be better on her behalf. Yes, a little different from the states but still a perfectly good surgery with benefits to be reaped as time goes on. She looks good, acts good and I am very proud of her right now. She is pacing around the room right now walking out the soreness. It’s hard to walk in the halls with all the construction work going on in the hospital. Seems they are painting, building and cleaning 24 hours a day seven days a week.

Seems there will be a bit of delay with the dentist. So in the mean time order lunch, watch Debra pace. I have done pretty good with the food and have started joking around with the people here. They seem to enjoy my humor and my accent. I have given out gifts today for my favorites and tips to all of them. Marshia is the only one that could not accept the necklace I had brought her from Texas. She works in the business office so it’s not allowed but she did like the card and took it. I gave them all Lakewood Church of Christ ink pens. The blue ones we had printed for the Ladies Day of Prayer they really liked them. I pointed out where it was printed on the pens “Prayer Angels on Assignment” I think for any nurse that is a compliment where ever you are in this world.
I had a little blanket that the ladies had made in the blanket ministry aka Linda Allens group. I gave that and a card to one of the nurses here that had gone to Harvard. She said no she couldn’t take it at first then she felt of it and changed her mind. It was the blue one with the white teddy bears on it that was kind of an odd shape. It was super soft felt. It had the Church of Christ tag on it that said it was from the prayer ministry.

We got the call the dentist is coming so I am going to post this now and I will write more late. Love you all.

1 comment:

crieck said...

Wow! I can't believe one of the Lakewood blankets will be staying in India. How wonderful!! Glad you guys are in a hotel now.