Wednesday, August 20, 2008

WE ARE PACKING TO COME HOME





Got off to a slow start this morning getting some extra and much needed sleep. Didn’t go down for breakfast because sleep was more important to me. We had a doctors appointment at noon and then the dentist appointment at 3:30. We spent most of the day at the hospital wrapping up last minute details. The dental was a little intense for Debra as she had to get some fillings done today and have 3 crowns set. It took a long time as they drilled out some old silver fillings. They put in my bridge but it was a matter of a little cement and some pressure. Every thing fits great and the work looks so natural you wouldn’t know they were dental crowns. I am glad it’s over that ran a little close to the wire plus it cost a little more than I had expected on Debra’s work. At any rate she has a whole new make over.
We ate at the Pizza Hut tonight. It was one square of a personal pan and that was enough. Bharat told me how to say “go to the boarder‘ it‘s easy. You say Mulund check naka. Or Thone check naka and your own your way. Come a few more times and we might pick up a little more of the language.
This will be short tonight as we are packing and fighting over what to take and what not to take back. It will be less than 24 hours now……..we are all fixed up and it’s really time to get back to our lives in Texas.
Thanks for all the prayers. We have been blessed to have this experience. I truly hope that we never have to do anything this drastic again but I am also hopeful that it’s going to give Debra a new lease on life. This will be my last post it’s really been something to remember……….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just checked into a motel in West Columbia. The manager is from Mumbai. We talked for 20 minutes about the city and the changes that have been made in the last 10 years. It is amazing how many people I have run into while you were over there. Maybe I just paid closer attention. Debra, what beautiful pictures!! I am anxious to get a closer look at your hands. Safe travels with God's blessings that have been with you so much during your stay. The flight home was definitely shorter than the one over there. Sleep, watch movies, read, and thank God for being our ever faithful shepherd and guide. See you SOON!! love you guys, kim