Sunday, August 17, 2008

JUST ANOTHER RAINY DAY BEFORE COMING HOME


Temple area in Mumbai
Muland and Thane boarder. This is where you have to change rickshaws to go from one side to the other.
Debra walking to the boarder on a clear day....one of the few days it didn't rain all day.

Woke up to the ringing of Skype. That little ring has become my favorite sound here. I had to find out how to get the head phones on and the computer screen up while I was still half asleep. Roland kept trying and I finally got my computer to come up so I could answer the call. Some time I wake up and I am a little disorientated as to where I am! I guess that has to do with waking up in a hotel in India for so long. Chatted with Roland for a while it’s nice we can talk as long as we want. Debra was ready for breakfast so we went down this morning. They had some delicious jam this morning most of the time it’s been like a lime flavor but this morning it was some type of berry. Came back to the room and slept as it’s pouring rain today heavily. We are going to watch movies today and just try to kill this day. Monday we have more dental work. Debra will get her crowns and I will get my bridge placed. They should be ready. We’ll go in for a finale check of the fittings on the 20th. Then we just have to wait for the time to come that we can get on the flight home. Debra’s incisions will be healed by the time we get back. You can hardly see some of them now. Tiny little punctures are already healing over. The largest one about 2 inches is also pretty healed over. It will make the flight home much easier on her. It is amazing your body can heal that quickly.
Well nothing exciting today just watching the TV. Bruce Willis is playing in “The Guardian” We wont go out today because of the rain. I am hating being wet all the time. We are running out of clothes so we can’t afford to get them wet at this point. In this humidity they don’t dry. On the flight they sprayed air freshener up and down the isles before we took off now I know why. You just have to keep a sense of humor about that kind of stuff. We’ll be on our mashed potato diet tonight. We did find a Dollar Store that had Roman Noodles and Campbell’s soups. (Thank You Jesus)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing better than a bowl of soup to make you feel connected to home. Talked with Roland today and just wanted you to know that he looks like he is doing ok. Smiles huge at the mention of your name and can tell that he misses you all terribly. One of my biggest concerns while there was not knowing really if the family was doing ok. It is hard to really tell on the phone--but he looks healthy--like he is getting enough rest.
Rainy days here in Baytown, too. Looking outside looks much like it did out my window while there.
I do not have to get on another plane for 6 more days:-) I have been in 10 cities in 12 days. Pretty pooped but have really enjoyed the pics and reading about your days. My prayer is for continued blessings to be yours and Debra's. Looking forward to giving you a big hug.
love you guys,
kim